Definition of scatter bomb
(Entry 1 of 2)
: an incendiary bomb containing a bursting charge that scatters the burning incendiary agent over a considerable area
Definition of scatter-bomb (Entry 2 of 2)
: to bomb with scatter bombs
: to bomb a target so that the bombs land in a loose or random pattern
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game