scarlet king snakenoun
Definition of scarlet king snake
Note: The scarlet king snake is either considered a separate species (Lampropeltis elapsoides) or a subspecies (L. triangulum elapsoides) of the milk snake. It resembles and is often mistaken for the venomous coral snake (genus Micrurus) but can be distinguished from it by the presence of black bands which separate the red from yellow whereas coral snakes have red and yellow bands that are touching.
Keep scrolling for more
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?