scarlet king snakenoun
Definition of scarlet king snake
Note: The scarlet king snake is either considered a separate species (Lampropeltis elapsoides) or a subspecies (L. triangulum elapsoides) of the milk snake. It resembles and is often mistaken for the venomous coral snake (genus Micrurus) but can be distinguished from it by the presence of black bands which separate the red from yellow whereas coral snakes have red and yellow bands that are touching.
Keep scrolling for more
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game