scan·da·lum mag·na·tum | \ ˈskandᵊləmˌmagˈnātəm\
plural scandala magnatum\ -ᵊləˌ- \
Definition of scandalum magnatum
: a defamatory speech or writing published to the injury of a peer, judge, or other great officer of England
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game