scab·bler | \ -b(ə)lə(r)\
variants: or scappler \ -p(ə)lə(r) \
Definition of scabbler
1 : a quarryman who scabbles stone slabs to make blocks of uniform size and to reduce shipping weight
2 : a stonecutter who points blocks to approximate dimensions for finishing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?