scab·ble | \ ˈskabəl\
variants: or scapple \ -apəl \
Definition of scabble
1 : to work or shape roughly (as stone before leaving the quarry)
2 : to dress (as stone) in any way short of fine tooling or rubbing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game