say no moreidiom
Definition of say no more
—used to tell someone that it is not necessary to explain something further because one understands what that person is trying to say "A word of advice: don't mention the war." "Say no more—I'll stay off the subject!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?