have anything/something to say aboutidiom
Definition of have anything/something to say about
1 : to have an opinion to express about (something) I asked what she thought about the movie, but she didn't have anything to say about it.
2 : to have the ability to affect or influence (something) "I'm going to the party." "Not if I have anything/something to say about it."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?