Definition of saturation factor
: a measure of the saturation of a magnetizable body that is the ratio of a small percentage increase in excitation to the percentage increase in magnetic flux produced thereby and that is usually applied to the magnetic excitation of dynamoelectric machines at rated speed and voltage
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game