Definition of satin moth
: a tussock moth (Stilpnotia salicis) that is native to Europe but has become established in several parts of the U.S. and Canada whose adults have white satiny wings and whose blackish white-marked larvae feed on the foliage of the poplar and willow
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?