variants: or satin bird
Definition of satin bowerbird
: a bowerbird (Ptilonorhynchus violaceus) of southeast Australia having feathered nostrils and being in the fully adult male a glossy violet blue and in the female a light gray green
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game