san·ton | \ ˈsantᵊ, -tən\
Definition of santon
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a saint in Muslim countries : a dervish regarded by the people as a saint
san·ton | \ säⁿtōⁿ\
Definition of santon (Entry 2 of 2)
: a small clay image from southern France that is used in a Christmas crèche
Keep scrolling for more
to mark by some ceremony or observation
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game