Definition of sand pump
: a pump for removing wet sand, mud, or silt: such as
a : a centrifugal pump used on a floating dredging machine
b : a simple plunger pump with a nonreturn valve at the bottom usually used for cleaning out a borehole
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game