Definition of sand grass
: a grass growing in sand: such as
a : a tufted grass (Triplasis purpurea) with stiff awl-shaped leaves on the Atlantic coast of the U.S.
b : a perennial grass (Calamovilfa longifolia)
c : a salt grass (Distichlis spicata)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game