Definition of sand collar
: the mass of eggs embedded in sand and jellylike matter that is produced by a moon shell and is shaped like a thin collar or bottomless saucer open at one side
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game