Definition of salvage corps
: a body of workers maintained by fire-insurance companies to protect goods, merchandise, and effects from destruction by fire or from water or chemicals used in fighting fire
— called also fire patrol
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game