salt withphrasal verb
salted with; salting with; salts with
Definition of salt with
: to put something in many places in (a story, speech, etc.) She salted her speech with many religious references. The book is salted with witty anecdotes.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game