salt withphrasal verb
Definition of salt with
: to put something in many places in (a story, speech, etc.) She salted her speech with many religious references. The book is salted with witty anecdotes.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game