Definition of salt tree
1 : a small tree (Halimodendron argenteum) of the family Leguminosae growing in the Caspian salt plains and Siberia
2 : an East Indian tamarisk (Tamarix orientalis) with frequently salt-encrusted twigs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game