sal·i·cor·nia | \ ˌsaləˈkȯ(r)nēə\
Definition of salicornia
1 capitalized : a genus of fleshy maritime herbs (family Chenopodiaceae) having thick jointed leafless stems bearing minute flowers in the form of a spike that are succeeded by utricles containing a single seed — see glasswort
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Salicornia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game