Definition of sales engineer
1 : an engineer who sells equipment and manufactured products by estimating from plans and computing cost of installation and often establishes liaison between designers and contractors for the manufacture of machines and equipment suited to each situation and for efficient operation when installed
2 : an engineer attached to a sales department to assist salespeople with technical information and advice
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game