sail close to the windidiom
Definition of sail close to the wind
: to do something that is dangerous or that may be illegal or dishonest The company was sailing close to the wind, but it's not clear if they were actually breaking the law.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game