sai·ga | \ ˈsīgə\
Definition of saiga
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of saiga (Entry 2 of 2)
: a sheeplike antelope (Saiga tartarica) of Siberia and eastern Russia having the nasal region inflated and the nostrils widely separated and in the male having lyrate annulated horns and tufts of long hair beneath the eyes and ears
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game