safety strapsplural noun
Definition of safety straps
: a harness affixed to the seat of a vehicle and passed over the shoulders or legs especially : one used in an airplane in addition to a safety belt to provide more widely distributed restraint of the body in moments of rapid acceleration or deceleration
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?