variants: or less commonly seter \ ˈsetə(r) , ˈsāt- \
Definition of saeter
1 : a pasture high in the mountains of Norway or northern Sweden where herds are kept in summer and butter and cheese are made
2 : a hut built on a saeter as a shelter for the dairymaids and equipment
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?