saddle withphrasal verb
Definition of saddle with
: to cause (someone or something) to have (a problem, burden, responsibility, etc.) His actions have saddled the company with too much debt. My boss saddled me with the task of organizing the conference. —often used as (be) saddled with The company is saddled with an enormous amount of debt.She is saddled with a reputation for not being dependable.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game