sac·cha·rin·ic acid | \ ¦sakə¦rinik-\
Definition of saccharinic acid
: any of several polyhydroxy acids formed from sugars by alkaline treatment as though by internal oxidation and reduction so that one carbon no longer holds an oxygen and in many instances with branching of the carbon skeleton
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game