sac·cha·rin·ic acid | \ ¦sakə¦rinik-\
Definition of saccharinic acid
: any of several polyhydroxy acids formed from sugars by alkaline treatment as though by internal oxidation and reduction so that one carbon no longer holds an oxygen and in many instances with branching of the carbon skeleton
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?