sac·cha·rin·ic acid | \ ¦sakə¦rinik-\
Definition of saccharinic acid
: any of several polyhydroxy acids formed from sugars by alkaline treatment as though by internal oxidation and reduction so that one carbon no longer holds an oxygen and in many instances with branching of the carbon skeleton
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?