variants: or less commonly sachaline \ ˈsakələ̇n , -ˌlēn \
Definition of sacaline
: a coarse herb (Polygonum sachalinense) of Sakhalin and cultivated in the U.S. as forage and for lawn decoration
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game