sa·bre·tache | \ ˈsābə(r)ˌtash, ˈsab-, -taash, -taish\
Definition of sabretache
: a flat leather case formerly worn suspended on the left from the saber belt by men of some cavalry units
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game