sabbath-day's journeynoun, often capitalized S
Definition of sabbath-day's journey
: a distance of 2000 cubits that under rabbinic law a Jew might travel on the sabbath from the walled limits of a town or city
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?