Definition of ruthenium oxide
: an oxide of ruthenium: such as
a : the dark blue crystalline dioxide RuO2 formed by heating ruthenium in air
b : the explosive volatile poisonous yellow crystalline tetroxide RuO4 having a disagreeable odor
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game