rustle upphrasal verb
rustled up; rustling up; rustles up
Definition of rustle up
1 : to prepare (food, a meal, etc.) quickly He rustled up a full meal in no time.
2 : to find or get (something) I'll see if I can rustle some information up for you.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?