Definition of rustic work
1 : cut stone facing that has the joints rusticated : stone with the face cut to a rough or jagged surface in imitation of nature
2 : summerhouses or furniture for summerhouses or for outdoor use made of rough limbs of trees
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game