Definition of rustic brown
: a moderate reddish brown that is yellower and less strong than roan, yellower and slightly paler than mahogany, and yellower, less strong, and slightly lighter than oxblood
— called also casserole, Eskimo, gingerspice
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game