Definition of run low
1 : to have a small supply of something because the rest of it has already been used up We are running low on fuel.
2 : to be available in less than the needed amount Supplies were running low.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game