Definition of rule book
: a book that contains the official set of rules that must be followed in a game, job, etc. always carries the rule book in his back pocket to every game also : the rules in such a book The rule book says that once the puck fully crosses the line it is a goal. —often used figuratively He's a maverick when it comes to decorating, throwing away the rule book.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game