Definition of rubber-base paint
1 : a paint having chlorinated rubber as its binder or nonvolatile vehicle
2 : an emulsion paint having a latex of styrene-butadiene copolymer or other synthetic resin latex as its nonvolatile vehicle
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game