Definition of rubber hydrocarbon
: a white highly polymerized hydrocarbon (C5H8)n or (C10H16)n that is amorphous at ordinary temperatures and that is stereoisomeric with gutta hydrocarbon and constitutes the principal component of natural rubber : a cis form of polyisoprene
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Registering the Politics of 'Register'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/11/19
- Minding 'Never mind' and 'Nevermind'
- A Brief on 'Brief' and 'Debrief'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game