royal water lilynoun
Definition of royal water lily
1 : a South American water lily (Victoria amazonia) with large circular leaves
— called also Amazon water lily, giant water lily
2 : a lily (Victoria cruziana) of Paraguay that is closely related to the royal water lily for which it is often substituted in the horticultural trade and has flowers which turn pinkish red
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game