Definition of royal icing
: a type of icing composed of sugar, egg whites, and sometimes flavoring or coloring that dries to a hard glaze and is used for decorating baked goods Royal icing, made primarily of sifted confectioners' sugar and egg whites or meringue powder … dries hard with a glossy sheen, making it ideal for decorating cutout cookies. — Martha Stewart Living To make cookies look like buttons, use frosting of choice (such as royal icing or icing in a tube) to pipe four small dots onto the peanut butter cups.— Judy Hevrdejs
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game