Definition of roughrider
1 : one who is accustomed to riding unbroken or little-trained horses
2 usually Rough Rider : a member of the first U.S. Volunteer Cavalry regiment in the Spanish-American War commanded by Theodore Roosevelt
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game