plural rosin spirits
Definition of rosin spirit
: a volatile liquid that is obtained as the first fraction in the destructive distillation of rosin, that has a sharp odor before refining, and that is used chiefly as a thinner for varnish and wood stains and as an adulterant of turpentine
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game