variants: or rose-colored pastor
Definition of rose-colored starling
: a glossy black chiefly Asian bird (Pastor sturnus or P. roseus) of the family Sturnidae with a pink back and abdomen that is chiefly Asian though often appearing in flocks in Europe and sometimes in England
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game