Definition of roomie
: roommate Browder wasn't afraid to challenge his roomie at anything, be it boxing or tennis.— Craig Neff Because most new students are assigned to double rooms, the contract lets roomies examine each other's personal styles and preferences and communicate their likes and dislikes in order to arrive at compromises and thwart problems.— Jan McCoy Ebbets
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game