Definition of roomie
: roommate Browder wasn't afraid to challenge his roomie at anything, be it boxing or tennis.— Craig Neff Because most new students are assigned to double rooms, the contract lets roomies examine each other's personal styles and preferences and communicate their likes and dislikes in order to arrive at compromises and thwart problems.— Jan McCoy Ebbets
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game