ron·ca·dor | \ ˌräŋkəˈdȯ(ə)r\
plural roncadors\ -rz \ or roncadores\ -ȯˌrās \
Definition of roncador
1 : any of several croakers (family Sciaenidae) of the American Pacific coast (as the yellowfin croaker or the black croaker)
2 : any of various grunts (especially Haemulon steindachneri) of both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game