rolling key clutchnoun
Definition of rolling key clutch
: a friction clutch in which a set of rollers surrounding a shaft is wedged (as by a locking pawl) between this shaft and a hub on a second shaft to be connected with it
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?