roll·er·man | \ ˈrōlə(r)mən\
Definition of rollerman
: one who tends a rolling machine or performs a rolling action: such as
a : braker
b : jackman
c : a calender man who makes imitation leather
d : a mine worker who keeps in repair the pulleys over which haulageway cables pass
e : an auto worker who runs the motors of finished cars to check their performance, to detect unusual noises, to test parts subject to vibration, and to check the operation of gauges
f : leverman
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?