variants: or rolled gold plate
Definition of rolled gold
1 : a base metal (as brass) with a thin plate of gold rolled over it
2 : a gold electroplate rolled or drawn out so that the gold becomes very thin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game