roll downphrasal verb
rolled down; rolling down; rolls down
Definition of roll down
1 : to move (something) down especially by turning a handle She rolled down the car window.
2 : to unfold the edge of (something, such as a shirt sleeve or pants leg) to make it longer He rolled down his sleeves.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?