Definition of rock sparrow
1 : any of several Old World sparrows of the genus Petronia (as P. petronia and P. superciliaris)
2 : a sparrow (Aimophila ruficeps eremoeca) of Mexico and Texas
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game