Definition of rock fern
: any of various ferns that grow chiefly on or among rocks: such as
b : a finely divided tropical Asiatic and Australasian fern (Cheilanthes tenuifolia) that has been implicated in Australia in an acute intoxication of cattle
c : any of several chiefly tropical ferns of the genus Asplenium
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game