Definition of roadhead
: the end of a road: such as
a : one where men and goods must continue on foot or on animals heroic bands of soldiers labor … to keep the trucks moving through to the roadhead, where mules or porters will take over the traffic— G. H. Johnston
b : the farthest point reached by a road under construction
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game